Tri Guru training at the Active Tameside Triathlon sessions
Please note that in order to participate in the Active Tameside triathlon training sessions you either need to be a member of Active Tameside or you have to pay per session. You don't have to join ActiveTameside to participate in the sessions but they can be booked in advance by Active Tameside members so they may be full when you turn up if you are not a member.
The full Active Tameside timetable for all sessions, not just triathlon training, at all centres is here.
New bike session - chain gang from Copley 18:30 Tuesdays laps round Mossley and run off for those who fancy it.
The Active swim sessions will be run by our coach Kath Thomas supported by Martin Cain and Sean Ofsarnie.
Spin sessions will be run by Active staff but there is the potential for more sessions if there is a demand for it, you can also turn up to any of the other spin sessions.
The core strength sessions will be run by ex Liverpool FC strength and conditioning coach Julian Monk who works for Active Tameside.
- Monday at Active Copley 19:30 - 20:30 technique session
- Wednesday Active Copley 20:30 - 21:30
- Thursday over the summer Sale Water Park 17:00-19:00 followed by ride promptly at 19:00 (check facebook for updates)
- Friday Active Copley 19:00 - 20:00
- Monday track session at Tameside Cycle Track 17:00 - 19:00
- Tuesday chain gang from Mossley Station at 19:00 with Wheel Guru. Groups based on ability so suitable for all. Route here (check facebook for updates)
- Thursday over the summer 19:00 from Sale Water Park after swim (check facebook for updates)
- Saturday and Sunday there are now bike leaders who will post their routes for the weekend in the training forum so keep checking for regular sessions
- Wednesday 19:00 from San Rocco, Stamford Square, Ashton-under-Lyne OL6 6QW near Stamford Park
- Tuesday Active Copley 19:15 - 20:00 with a 5k or 10k run off
- Thursday Active Copley 19:30 - 20:15 followed by core strength session 20:30 - 21:00
- Thursday Active Copley 20:30 - 21:00
Open water swimming
Sale Water Park
Sale Water Park is a great location for open water swimming and you can run on the trails round the lake afterwards too. There's plenty of free parking, indoor changing facilities with hot showers, lockers and a cafe! Sessions are £5 for adults, £3 for under 16 and there is no membership fee to pay. Full info http://www.openswim.org.uk/
- Saturdays 14:00 - 17:00
- Sundays 13:00 - 17:00
- Tues/Thur 17:00 - 20:00
Nunsmere Hall Hotel
Total Tri Training are launching a new open water swim venue at Nunsmere Hall Hotel on Sunday the 15th of May. There will be a launch party including swim, live music and hog roast for £10. Normal swims are £5 and you can buy a special offer season ticket for £60 including the launch party! Season ticket is usually £99. Full info https://totalswimtraining.com/
- Sunday 17:00 - 19:00
- Wednesday 18:00 - 20:00
Uswim - Dock 9 Salford Quays and Boundry Water Park near Holmes Chapel
You have to register in advance for the season on the Uswim website for £10 then it is £5 per swim. There are other membership options that may suit the frequent swimmer.
- Wednesday 17:30 - 20:00 Dock 9 starts Wed 29th April
- Thursday 17:30 - 20:00 Boundary Water Park starts on 7th May
- Saturday 8:00 - 11:00 Dock 9 starts on April 25th
- Sunday 12:00 - 15:00 Boundary Water Park starts on 3rd May